How you can handle shoulder restrictions in the yoga class.Read More
You're as young as your spine is flexible and your spine needs to be moved in a number of directions for optimal health!Read More
Yoga Mango Nutri-Health
Yoga Mango Therapy delivers body, mind and soul nutrition.
Mango Fruit offers its own therapy for good health!
Mangoes contain vitamins A and C plus loads of carotenoids (25 different kinds!) to help boost your immune system.
Can help protect against cancer
Mangoes contain antioxidants found to be helpful in protection against certain cancers . They also contain lots of healthy enzymes.
Vitamin A found in mangoes helps with eyesight and promotes good eye health.
Mango helps insulin levels in the blood and has a reasonably low glycemic index.
It might sound like a contradiction but the acids found in mangoes, tartaric, citric and malic acids can actually help to alkalize the body!
Vitamin C, fibre and pectin are key in lowering cholesterol levels.
Like many fruits, mangoes can help with healthy skin and a glowing complexion. Mangoes also contain Vitamin E.
The fibre found in mangoes helps with digestion and elimination.
Mango juice from a green mango with water and a little sweetener will rejuvenate you on a hot day. Also if you take some mango leaves, boil them in water , leave them to infuse and then drink, this can be helpful for blood insulin levels.
Nutrition by the Numbers
One cup (225 grams contain) contains the following. Percentages apply to daily value.
- 105 calories
- 76 percent vitamin C (antioxidant and immune booster)
- 25 percent vitamin A(antioxidant and vision)
- 11 percent vitamin B6 plus other B vitamins (hormone production in brain and heart disease prevention)
- 9 percent healthy probiotic fiber
- 9 percent copper (copper is a co-factor for many vital enzymes plus production of red blood cells)
- 7 percent potassium (to balance out our high sodium intake)
- 4 percent magnesium